D.’s Sandbox Modern City Builder Edition has been released! D.’s Sandbox is a free open source game inspired by sandbox games such as Terraria, Minecraft and Infiniminer and based on the Minetest engine. This release adds the Modern City Builder subgame so that users can create their own cities. A big thanks to the awesome Minetest developers and Modders for helping make this release possible!
IMPORTANT: The /docsmike folder has links to tutorials for the different mods. Please post any comments or feedback in the forum! I’m very interested in your input and what you like, don’t like, and what you’d like to see added! These images below are only the tip of the iceberg of what can be created now. If you create any great screens please feel free to submit them and they may be posted on the site.
Key Features Of This Release Are In The Modern City Builder Gametype which includes:
* Asphalt, Road signs, traffic lights, etc
* Carts and rails
* Wiring and the ability to generate electricity (Referred to as Mesecons)
* Pipes and chutes and the ability to move liquids and solids
* Farming with lots of new fruits and vegetables
* Skin changing (/m to access it)
* Minecarts and some different rails
* New inventory featuring a craft guide and lots more ( aka the Unified Inventory Mod) – I would love feedback on it especially vs the minetest default
* Hunger and Thirst System can be added to a world via the “configure” button
* WorldEdit Mod – A very power world editing tool added to a world via the “configure” button.
* Currency and Shops
Future Goals (some for a non school version):
* Animals such as cows, horses, sheep, etc. Horses will be rideable
* NPC Traders
* Generated villages and villagers
* Wandering adventuring NPCs that you can hire and/or interact with