D.’s Sandbox is an open source game based off of Minetest which is similar to Minecraft and Infiniminer. The goal is for the project to be school friendly but also provide a wealth of fun and creative activities such as Rollercoasters, Fishing, Creative Building, Boating, Race Car Racing, Exploring, Under Water Adventures, Land and Water Life, and much more!
Right now the project will closely resemble Minetest but just like how Sandbox started out I will be slowly adding my own changes. There are lots of things that I think the above games are missing that I plan to add. Some people may wonder why I am releasing it in such an early state but this way my students can download it at home too. Minetest is not kid or school friendly which is a problem. Hopefully others find it useful too! I also plan to use D.’s Sandbox as the base for D. The Atom Shifter which feature combat, a story, quests, monsters, spells, experience and skills, and lots more!
Enjoy and please let me know what you think in the Sandbox Forums! Also it should be compatible with all Minetest Mods! Head over to the Download Page to grab a copy!
– New menu logo and gametype logo for D.
– Cleaned up Minetest base to be school friendly
– Mods Mesacar (with a default value that enables it to climb trees and high walls)
– Boost_cart so that carts and rollercoasters can be created
– Minetest skins (/m to bring up the menu to change skins, D. still needs to be added)
– Streets Mod to make realistic roads and racecourses
– Added the Click Me To Start.bat and server.bat (in Bin) to make loading easier
– Currently windows binary only (32 bit)
– Removed the tick box to enable public servers to be viewed (adults can change it but it’d be bad for school kids to go on public servers) Private/school servers can still be hosted.
Over the next few days I will be posting more information about my plans for D.’s Sandbox and hopefully a video too about why I’ve picked it and its differences with Sandbox and all that good stuff.
Take care and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂