Make A Game Series – D. The Atom Shifter Introduction
Since we are making a commercial game called D. The Atom Shifter I thought it might be useful and interesting to post updates on here once in a while about what the process is to make a game and where we are in the game design process. The goal of course would be to give you insight into how to make your own game and to show you that it is viable using Platinum Arts Sandbox Free Game Maker.
Also D. The Atom Shifter is going to be pivotal to Platinum Arts Sandbox Free Game Maker because a lot, if not all, of the new features going into the game will be added to Sandbox. So as a result a lot of the updates on this page will now be centered around D. and the status of the project. I will also soon be compiling the best feature suggestions that the community has posted in the Wishlist Forum Thread and they will be put on the list to be added to D.! There will be so much more potential for greater features when we have a budget! Our Kickstarter for D. will hopefully be in the next 2-3 weeks so please follow us! Also if you are using Sandbox to make a game let me know and I would love to post updates on here about your game as well!
Currently we have a great design team with Stefos on Modeling, Animation and Concept Art. Matt (aka Kid_Matthew) and Tim are our incredibly talented mappers and Christian is our texture artist. For music I am working with Neurosphere again to add in some high intensity heavy metal music! These will probably mostly be for the Wave Defense levels.
In our development we are at the point where we are writing up a concept document so that we can plan out our gameplay and also Prototype levels have begun. Both Tim and Matt are creating progression type levels while I’m working on a Wave Defense level. Having a prototype is a great way to test gameplay and see how it is in action and to make sure from early on that it is actually fun! D. The Atom Shifter is definitely a game that is going to be focused on fun!
Check out the current planned features:
– Developed by the Project Lead of the popular and action packed Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing and the Free Game Maker Platinum Arts Sandbox
– An Action RPG that you play how you want! You can fully customize D.’s stats at any time during the game, even during battle!
– Absorb abilities from your enemies
– Non Linear Exploration
– Physics System
– Lots of magic items, weapons and spells to find!
– Shifting/Morphing Self
– (Hopefully) Wave Mode where you see how long you can survive vs varying waves of monsters!
– Dev tools released to the community to be able to make mods and FULL COMMERCIAL GAMES! Full Source might possibly be released as well.
– Treasure hunting and secret passages!
– Coop and/or Random map Generation (Dependent on Kickstarter success)