How to create mountains, ponds, and oceans
From Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker
Creating mountains ponds or oceans is simple, just do this:
- Open the map you want to make any of them on.
- If you want a steep hill or water reservoir then set gridsize smaller, if you want it not to be that steep set it bigger. (to change gridsize hold G and scroll youyr mousewheel)
- fly a bit higher in editmode for better view.
- make sure nothing is selected and press H
- start scrolling, if you scroll forward a hole will appear, if backward a hill will appear.
- Just experiment until you have the result you wanted.
- If you want a water reservoir, then just select the bottom of the hole, then the edges around the hole, so the whole hole is selected
- Then press F3 and select materials.
- click on Water and voila you have a pond or an ocean or whatever you wanted :P
Tutorial by Siimvuss